Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Diary of a Wimpy Kid



My youngest daughter recently bought herself "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" by Jeff Kinney. 

She was so absorbed in the book and at times while reading it, she laughed out loud. I was impressed. 

The book must be good and fun, I supposed. So finally, the minute she finished reading it, I grabbed it.

I couldn't put the book down. I was laughing alone and really was so into it. 


Such a simple story but fun to read. 

It's about this boy, Greg who insisted on saying that 

he's going to write a journal (not a diary) when his mum bought him a diary. 

In the book,  Greg also sketched stick figures of him and people in his life. 

I especially enjoyed the part about him taking part in the Wizard of Oz

Then there is also about the Cheese Touch. You have to read the book to know.

Now there is a movie based on this book. 

It is a shame that there is no cinema here in Kelantan.

I would have been the first in line to watch it.


4 comments:

  1. Kak Dayang, ditto! It's really a shame at there's no cinema in Kelantan...we share the same frustration! hehe...and whenever i go to KL i would definitely make a point to go and watch movies, sometimes two in a day...with my best friend, not with hubby cos he tends to talk to me in the cinema and i hate that...hehe...and i really have to buy that Diary of a Wimpy Kid series, saw that before. I should also compliment you on the interesting blog and the good flair of English that you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teacher...thanks for the compliment. i guess it's all thanks to my education in a mission school,way back when i was born in Brunei.
    I hope you have already bought the wimpy kid series. Enjoy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will buy the series in KL, am going for the weekend, have been invited to give a talk in one of the schools there...anyway kak dayang, opps, datin dayang...do call me nani.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nani..do look up on books by Nicholas Sparks n also 'for one more day" by Mitch, great books for leisure reading.
    please call me kak dayang, keep the title only for functions with hubby.
    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails