Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Notebook

The weather, being so gloomy and wet,  makes me searching for one of my favourite books. I have only my daughter to blame for introducing this book to me. I must have read it more than 10 times but I am never bored by it. It makes me go all lovey-dovey again and young at heart.

From the first page till the end, it transported me into the world of the romantics. Just as it says, and I quote "every so often a love story captures our hearts that it becomes more than a story - it becomes an experience to remember forever. The Notebook is such a book. It is a celebration of how passion can be ageless and timeless, a tale that moves us to laughter and tears and makes us believe in true love all over again..."

I never watched the movie-version of it, though! I just don't want to spoil how I see it in words. I always liked to make my own interpretation of the characters in the book and visualize them.

Nicholas Sparks is really a good storyteller. I just looooove this book so much. It makes a good read in this stormy weather.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails