Wednesday, April 27, 2011

It's always about the socks!

It always gets to me! It gets on my nerves! It makes me want to shout!
Maybe I am not the only one, or should I say the only mother in this world who feels this way! What is it, you may ask? Actually, come to think of it, it is nothing serious or frightening or bad or disgusting.

My lament is this----
It is always about the socks!

I have told them a thousand or maybe a million times already but it has fallen on deaf ears! Them here refers to my two schoolgoing children., my two youngest teenage girls. Every night before they go to bed, I always tell them to get their socks ready for the next day. Some days it is either the black or the white socks, depending on whatever activities they have in school for that particular school day. Mind you, this is almost every night, I don't know why but it has become a regular thing for me to do. A habit, I should say so. Who says a mother's job is easy!!!

The next morning, after getting their breakfast ready and waiting for them at the table, they would always rummage through the laundry basket searching for their SOCKS. This is what makes me tick. This will almost always makes me start my nagging and set  the bomb off inside me. It doesn't matter if I have already folded the laundry the day before with all the matching school socks. I always fold each pair into a ball. But no! it always comes to this. They want to find their own matching socks. I just don't understand why they cannot do it the night before!! OMG! Sometimes, I feel like they are doing it on purpose, just so that hoping one day, it will suddenly turn my hair white altogether!

After seeing them off for school, the house is once again quiet. I miss them already and just cannot wait for them to be back home.

It is always about the socks but I know one day, I will miss all this. One by one, my children will be leaving the nest. The house will be quiet. But before that day comes along, I will still be nagging about those school socks. Only in the morning......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails